
It's already been about 2 weeks since my brother reported to the MTC in Provo. It is pretty surreal to see your little brother get to this stage in life. I realize that the decision to serve a two year mission is a choice and I couldn't be more proud and grateful for his decision to do so.
Watching Sean speak at church at his "farewell" gave me the warmest feeling about what a great missionary he is going to be. His understanding of the scriptures is wonderful. Sean has always been an unselfish individual. He has always been the (only) one in the family who asks to please not give any gifts on birthdays and holidays. He sees no point in worldly things, while his two consumer loving sisters try to convince him of the value of a great sale and the unsurpassable feeling of new clothes hugging your skin. A quality that will surely add to his success as a mouthpiece for the Lord.
I was able to be there with the fam as we dropped him off at the MTC. He will be studying spanish as he prepares for the Missouri, Independence mission. His courage and strength have enlightened me an encouraged me to be better and strive for more in my own life. And for that I am so grateful! Thanks for being so wonderful Sean! We love you.



4 comments:
Wow what a blessing to your family to have a missionary serving!
Loved this post, Brianne. This is truly a special time for Sean and your whole family. Love the photos!
What i don't see is how it happened -- I still have Sean in my memory as the little Primary kid who loved to sing "Scripture Power" -- time has flown. I can tell you are so proud of him -- me too! He will be a wonderful missionary.
Those are great pictures of your family!
Post a Comment