First off, we are starting a compound. Over the years (usually after Steven has shared his dreams of owning land and a milk cow) many friends have requested to live near us, and even on the farm with us. Some of you have already reserved your first order of grass fed beef, and who knows when you'll actually get it. We have had many joint business offers along the way. Think Water Buffalo cheese and Purple Cows...ever had one? They will be for sale in the farm store and diner.
Many of you reading this know that being a "farmer" is far from the top of my list. I have never been big on stinky animals who require constant care. (Except for our sweet dog Leila who is sick and VERY stinky at the moment.) I am still pushing for plants rather than animals. A beautiful orchard perhaps. It's the business venture that excites me more than anything else. But here are the benefits/requirements I foresee. About 40 acres of photographic bliss. Having my own studio outbuilding to work in whenever and however I please (not only promised, but proposed by Steven.) Steven and I both envision building a farm store that can also transform into a stage for wedding celebrations, community gathering, and artistic events. And greatest of all, family. I plan on having one no matter where and how we live. But for Steven, the thought of raising his children on such an interactive scene with chores, work and bonding to be had, is the most exciting of all.
Long before this plan was ever considered a few criteria were discussed. When we were dating (seriously) Steven promised that we would either reside in a beach community of my choice at some point in our marriage, or he would take me on a vacation to Hawaii. And guess what, while on our honeymoon in Monterey we passed a beautiful ranch right there on the coast with cows grazing in the pasture. So it is possible to combine the two!! We just have to make a couple mil first.
So for those of you who would like to join us, let it be known! And don't worry, my final criteria is that it's close to a thriving city (Nordstrom and all.) So it won't be in the middle of nowhere!

4 comments:
You know we are "in" as far as buying our animal products from you! Oh and can there be an option where we send our teenage sons to work on your farm each summer?
You know it!
"The plans are beginning for all of us to move back to Medford! Steven can have his farm and I can have my airplane and a landing strip on Steven's farm land" (quoted by Chase! ) Haha I love that idea Heidi! Bri, sign Maddox up! :) We are all about that dream! Remember when we were all in Oregon and Chase and Steven found that farm and they said they were going to buy it and all that stuff and we were like, well have fun living together you two, Bri and I will live in New York or San Fran! hahah
Ha ha ha.
Post a Comment