Monday, November 23, 2009

A little off the rocker

I thought I show the finished result of this project we started quite a while ago when we still lived in Reno. Steven has fixed up a few rocking chairs in his day. He let me help pick out the fabric and paint for this one. We finally finished it this summer! (Thanks to the special help of a talented seamstress.) Now if we only had somewhere to put it, other than our basement...

Notice our other long term project there in the background...
a headboard for our bed that we made out of an old door
(and have never attached.)

Close up of the fabric.

A few weeks ago we found the perfect rocker for our next one. We already have the fabric picked for this one. (We got it the same day we bought the bee fabric at an eclectic fabric store in Ashland, OR.) This one has fabric on top and bottom. I can't wait to pick out colors and piece it all together!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I absolutely LOVE the fabric you chose! Good thing you are far away, or I would probably steal it from you. The chairs are/will be fabulous, and the headboard is brilliant. I might just have to steal that idea. I've been looking for a new headboard.

Misty said...

Very Cute! What a great project to be doing. I love the headboard idea as well. I need to come up with something for a headboard on my bed as well...

sam and kyrsten said...

i havent seen it finished. i love it! it looks great! you guys are awesome! i hope you had a happy thanksgiving! see you soon!