Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pear Blossom

Eets a rrrace...I ope I win. Rat Race, Anyone? Well we certainly did not win any races but we did run them! We went to Oregon last weekend to participate in the "Pear Blossom" with Steven's family. I opted for the 5k rather than trying to run the 10-miler. A choice I am still glad I made!! There is no proof of me running, except maybe on Jill's camera?? But after finishing my race early in the morn I stuck around to cheer everyone on and document the finish. 

I ran the 5k with my sister-in-law Jill and my 12-year-old nephew Seamus. Steven ran the 10-miler with his brother Brian, two of his sisters, two brothers-in-law, and cousin-in-law. And cousin Christina walked the 10-mile. Even this kids ran a mile!

And they're off...yes, that's Steven flailing his arm.
And here they come...oh wait this is the guy who kicked everyone's trash and ran 5 minute miles.

There they are.
I was thoroughly impressed with Steven's time. Training here in the cold and snow was really hard to do. He managed to keep up with his brother and ran the race in 80 minutes. 
(10 8-minute miles. Good job boys.)


3 comments:

Heidi said...

Ben and I are loving all of Steven's lively running poses in the photos. Way to go to you on the 5k, I think that is quite the accomplishment as well!

Lauren and Chase said...

loved the pictures! I am so proud of you for what you've done! I could never do that! Your photography is amazing!! Boy we miss Oregon too! :)

rhall said...

These are great photos, what a great week-end that was for all of us. It's exciting that the family is into running!