Most people here are from here. Ya hear me? It's not exactly a "small town" but most everyone in our ward grew up together. That, or they've moved in from somewhere else in Idaho...usually a "small town" who quite often (and I quote) don't like the big city. Yes we're talking about Pocatello here. Now, I'm not rippin on anyone. But I have started to realize that plain ol' perspective is all it takes to completely change the view of ones life.
In Reno I never felt like someone who had a different perspective. Even though I wasn't born and raised there I still lived there long enough that things just were the way they were. Now I look back and wonder what a little outside perspective would have taught me about life in Reno. It seems like a hard thing to grasp until you experience it for yourself. And now I get to do that.
I started out this post with an entirely different goal in mind. I was going to write about how great it feels when things in your life piece themselves together slowly, over time, after trials and testing. Because hallelujah...I got a job! More on that later...

4 comments:
Yay on the job! Tell more.
And when we first moved to Reno I felt that same way. It seemed everyone there had all lived there their entire life and stayed for college and then married and continued to stay. it bugged me at first but then I moved beyond it and made great friends! I understand though your feelings for sure...
I feel the same way. It is just not the same here as when I was in Reno. I have never really had to step out of my comfort zone. I didn't know anybody at church and it has been a little difficult to get to know people especially now that I am in the nursery. I am glad that i have had to step back and work a little harder to feel comfortable. It is always a growing experience and I am getting a little more comfortable as the days go by.
I can't wait to hear about your job.
We have moved a lot and lived in a ton of places so I understand your comments completely. I never really did find a place in Nashville, I don't think. But you will ease your way into your ward and your area -- and you will find things to love about wherever you are.
I just have to say, I totally agree on attitude is everything. I was just telling Amber that I have lived in this ward for three years and barely know anyone in my ward. But, ya know, I haven't really put myself out there since I've been out of primary, to get to know anyone. If I tried more, I probably would be able to get to know people. It's all about the way you look at things in life.
Post a Comment